watch 4 – 5 years
follow site The world is no doubt changing, and the relative pace of our everyday life can be hectic. It is important however that a child in his developmental phases adopt the time for a structured regiment of activities, such as; math, language, science, arts and crafts, physical activity, and reading. Our experienced educators create and run our exclusive daily development program designed to focus on nurturing your child’s mental and physical development.
click At River’s Edge daycare our objective in our preschool program is to facilitate the emotional and intellectual development simultaneously through guided play and structured lessons. We encourage puzzle time every morning and challenge the preschoolers cognitive powers. Our activities are centered around: patterns, shapes, colour recognition, math skills, and reading are embodied through the schedule of activities.
What We Strive to Accomplish
- The Full Alphabet in English and French
- Counting 0 – 10, 10 – 20, 20 +
- Hygiene principals
- Basic Math skills
- Patterns and Shapes
- Animals and Nature
- Seasons and Months
- Science (What are clouds? What is the Sun? What is the Moon?)
- Weather and Climate
- Reading and Writing
The main objective of the big kids class is to prepare the students for kindergarten. Through age appropriate lessons, children learn to write, use letters and numbers and work together to develop their knowledge of the world around them.
Big kids will learn to
- Show respect for themselves, their teachers and their friends through, for example, discussions of right vs. wrong and role-play
- Dress themselves: zip, button, tie their shoes.
- Keep their cubbies clean
- Observe school rules: speak in a proper voice, walk in the halls, setting the example for younger children Communicate in a civil and constructive manner: sorry, please, thank you…
- Be patient and waiting their turn: raise their hands for example
- Be bilingual
- Continue to practice hygiene and table manners
- Write their own name
- Identify letters, numbers, months, seasons, colors, shapes. Even if children are not ready to read at this age, they are beginning to understand and learning is done through repetition, flashcards and games.
- Develop awareness of the world around them through geography, learning about different countries, cultures, making cultural cuisine, listening to world music.
- Express their personal feelings on a subject through artistic interpretation and representation
- Participate in chores necessary to take care of their class and school: watering plants, cleaning after meals.